Celebrating 10 Years in Business
2003 - 2013
Ensuring Owners Operating Requirements
at Commissioning WorCx
specialize in Commissioning new buildings and Retrocommissioning existing buildings to ensure that they meet
their Owner’s Operating Requirements, operate in an energy efficient and sustainable manner, and that building operators are properly trained in their operation and maintenance..
- We guide the design
and installation of energy efficient and cost effective HVAC systems and
- Our goal is to provide
long term value for building owners, to make sure building operators are
properly trained, and to enhance the sustainable, carbon-friendly
footprint of the built environment.
- All our efforts are focused on learning, and sharing
knowledge gained and “lessons learned” with our present and future
potential clients (and anyone else who is interested).
Commissioning is a quality
control process starting at the conceptual design stage, ending when the
12-month warranty period expires.
- It is most effective when performed by a Commissioning
(Cx) Agent, independent of the Architect, Engineer, and Contractor, under
contract directly to the Owner.
- It is most commonly applied to the mechanical,
electrical and life safety systems providing the safety and comfort that
the building occupants and owners expect.
We Partner with Other Organizations
We are actively involved in promoting commissioning through:
- USGBC NC State Chapter membership
- Building Commissioning Association (BCA) participation
- Facilitating training seminars for the Professional Engineers of North Carolina (PENC).
- We are also participants in the NC State Commissioning Committee and the PENC commissioning committee.
- Our commitment is strong to the state of North Carolina and to corporate, educational, and military facilities alike.
Our Professional Commitments
Certified Building Commissioning Professional (CBCP) status through
the Association of Energy Engineers and Certified Commissioning Agent (CxA) status through AABC Commissioning Group.
- We respect and work together diligently as a team member with contractors, engineers, and all personnel at the on-site level.
- Our company is based on 40+ years of Design/Build
mechanical, electrical, and controls installation and service experience.
We work closely with owners to help them evaluate their needs, and then
design systems to meet their needs.
- We have been involved with installation, start-up,
test and balance, training, and commissioning of all these systems, always focusing on the owner’s needs.
4915 Piedmont Parkway
Jamestown, NC 27282
Tom Foster, Jr. PE, CxA,CBCP, LEED AP™