Am I Ready?

Are you ready for graduation?  YOU should be the first to know.  It is your responsibility, not your advisor's and not the registrar's, to be the person who is best informed about your academic standing. 
If you are within a few credit hours of graduating and you can complete all required courses by May or July  2015, you should have already applied for graduation with the Registrar's Office.  Application for Graduation deadline is set for January 15 to participate in the May commencement.  Don't wait until your last semseter with us.
When you applied to RCC and/or when you were admitted into your degree program, you should have received a General CatalogIn that catalog you will find ASSOCIATE DEGREE PROGRAMS, DIPLOMA PROGRAMS, and CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS.  If you have lost your RCC catalog, you can view catalogs beginning 2004 through today's current catalog on line. 
Can I refer to any RCC catalog?  No. The catalog under which you entered represents your "contract" with RCC.  Students are allowed a maximum of five years to complete a program.  If a student fails to complete a program in a five-year period, he/she will be required to follow the current general catalog.  Also, if a student fails to remain continuously enrolled (i.e., is out two consecutive semesters), he or she will be required to follow the current catalog.  If you are not certain which catalog is "yours," check with your advisor or someone in the Registrar's Office.
Know what you are shooting for......
For each program in the catalog you will find a curriculum description.  Each required course will be listed.  You can track progress in your degree or diploma program by crossing off each course listed in the curriculum description that you have successfully completed. 
Not sure which courses you have completed?  If you are currently enrolled, you can print an unofficial transcript of your academic record in WebAdvisor.  See "My Transcript."  Be sure to select "curriculum" from the drop-down list.
What is a "successfully completed" course?    It depends on your program and what you intend to do with your degree.  For a college-level course to be accepted as a transfer credit at another institution, you will need to earn a grade of "C" or better.   Some programs may require a "C" or better for certain courses that are deemed critical to the major.
While it may be possible to graduate with a few "Ds" in your record, you must have a combined grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher on your curriculum course work in order to graduate.   There are exceptions to this rule of thumb.  For example, the Associate Degree in Nursing requires students to earn a "C" or better on all core courses in their major.   You can find more detailed information about graduation requirements and standards of acceptable academic progress in the general catalog.  Your grade point average (GPA) can be viewed under "My Transcript" in WebAdvisor.
Please keep in mind that no more than 75% of credits transferred in can be applied toward a degree or diploma.