For the Jerk Rub:
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. each black pepper, ground allspice and ginger
- 1 tsp. each kosher salt, onion powder, red pepper flakes, dry mustard, ground nutmeg and cinnamon
Coat 3-3-1/2 lb. boneless pork loin roast.
For the Jerk Sauce:
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 Tbsp. molasses
- 2 Tbsp. minced jalapeno
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. quick-cooking tapioca
Combine all rub ingredients and coat pork with rub mixture. Sear in 1 Tbsp. oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat until browned on all sides. Transfer pork to slow cooker. Stir together jerk sauce ingredients and transfer sauce to slow cooker. Peel 2 lbs. sweet potatoes and cut into 2-inch chunks. Arrange potatoes around roast, cover slow cooker, and cook on high setting for 3 hours.
- 3 cups canned peach slices, diced, or fresh, if possible
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. jalepeno pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Stir in 3 Tbsp. Orange juice, 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer roast to a cutting board. Remove potatoes to a large bowl; reserve sauce. Add 1/2 cup milk, 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter and 1 Tbsp. brown sugar to potatoes. Mash until smooth then season with salt and pepper. (These potatoes taste like sweet potato pie with a little kick - delicious!)
Slice pork and serve with sauce and potatoes with salsa on the side.
~Adapted from Cuisine at Home