First Steps for New Faculty
Steps to Complete BEFORE using the SIS Faculty Center
All class rosters are now available on the Student Information System. This is also the system you will need to use in order to clean up your rosters prior to 45th day and to submit grades.
1. Find your MEID : Directions in the document “Find Your Maricopa Enterprise ID”
2. An SMC email account (this is a district requirement for ALL faculty) is automatically created for you when you are hired.
The format for this email is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find the email log in page at http://bit.ly/smcmail
Please contact the Teaching & Learning Center for help in working with your SMC webmail account or check the Webmail section of this site for helpful information.
3. Complete the FERPA tutorial which is now on Blackboard.
You can find information about FERPA at http://www.maricopa.edu/legal/ferpa/index.htm
To complete the FERPA tutorial
Upon completion, send an email email@example.com
This email should contain the following information:
i. Your name as it appears on your contract (your directory name)
ii. The classes(s) you are teaching
iii. Your MEID
iv. That you have completed the FERPA tutorial
v. A request to turn on your SIS Faculty Center account
4. Set up your MEMO password. Directions in the document"Find Your Maricopa Enterprise ID”
5. Take SIS Faculty Center Training in the Teaching & Learning Center
Check the TLC Calendar @http://smcc-tlc.wetpaint.com/
SIS for Faculty >