Early Schools‎ > ‎

Gustine


Gustine School had its beginning at Evergreen, where the Evergreen Cemetery is located.  After four years, it moved with the town to its present location.  In 1895, a two-story frame building with two rooms on each floor was constructed.  A large brick building was built in 1907; however, it burned in 1928.  The stone building was constructed in 1929.    When Macksville School was consolidated with Gustine, their building was  moved to the Gustine school ground and it was used as a lunchroom.   When a part of Pettit school consolidated  with Gustine in 1950, one of their buildings, a four room structure was used for four primary grades.  Schools consolidating with Gustine include Union, Macksville and part of Pettit.

Site School map - F7