Thursdays, 11:15 a.m., at
Jack's Gourmet Restaurant
1903 Business Loop 70
Across from Westlake's Ace Hardware
(see the map below)
Please e-mail us if you have any questions or comments. We'll get right back to you with our response.
Thanks for looking in. We hope you will take a brief moment to look us over.
We are one of more than 8000 Kiwanis clubs worldwide, and one of five here in Columbia.
We were chartered on September 5, 1985. Our sponsoring club was the Columbia Kiwanis club, chartered in 1922, which in turn was sponsored by the St. Louis Kiwanis club (1918), the first club of the Missouri-Arkansas District. Our heritage goes to the origins of Kiwanis in Detroit in 1915.
We began with 26 members. Thirty years later we have about 60 members. Our membership represents men and women from all walks of life. Some are near retirement; most are actively retired.
What We've Been Doing
During our first year, two hands-on projects were started that continue today: Salvation Army bell ringing and Central Missouri Food Bank food donations and volunteering.
With growth in numbers our community service has grown. Here is a partial list of service activities we've done and/or continue to do:
• Camp Mudd, University of Missouri YMCA summer camp for children
• Boys and Girls Club
• Cedar Creek Riding for handicapped children
• Camp Hickory Hill – support for persons with diabetes, especially children
• Rainbow House for abused children
• Ronald McDonald House
• Early Childcare Reading Program, including distribution of hundreds of books to children
• Support Geography Bee in 14 Columbia schools
• True North – a women's shelter
• Kiwanis One Day
Sponsored Clubs in Columbia Public Schools
• Oakland Junior High School Builders Club
• Smithton Middle School Builders Club
• Tolton High School Key Club
• Battle High School Key Club
• Aktion Club
Click on the links on our Links page to learn more about Kiwanis International and other members of our Kiwanis family.
Contact the Webmaster.