We were chartered September 5, 1985. Our sponsoring club was the
Columbia Kiwanis club, chartered in 1922, which in turn was sponsored by
the St. Louis Kiwanis club (1918), the first club of the
Missouri-Arkansas District. Our heritage goes to the origins of Kiwanis
in Detroit in 1915.
We began with 26 members. Twenty years later we have about 75 members.
Our membership represents men and women from all walks of life. Some are
near retirement; most are actively retired.
What We've Been Doing
During our first year, two hands-on projects were started that continue
today: Salvation Army bell ringing and Central Missouri Food Bank food
donations and volunteering.
With growth in numbers our community service has grown. Here is a partial list of service activities we've done and are doing:
• Boy and Girl Scouts
• Boys and Girls Club
• Therapeutic Riding School
• Camp Hickory Hill
• 4H Leadership Conference
• Ronald McDonald House
• Iodine Deficiency Disorder
• Pediatric Cardiology
• Early Childcare Reading