Historically, CLAS has published a refereed journal, Statement, and a quarterly newsletter, Currents. We are currently in the process of reviving these publications.
CALL FOR MANUSCRIPTS
Fall 2018 Statement
The next issue of Statement, CLAS’s award winning journal, will be online by August/September. We invite you to submit articles that help us all think about our teaching.
Here are some ideas:
- Connect with the start of the new school year – reflect on fresh starts, share some new ideas for your classroom, or offer advice you’ve learned along your journey.
- What do you passionately believe about the teaching of reading, writing, speaking, literature, and language arts? About education and kids and students today? (Consider trying a This I Believe format - models at the NPR website.)
- Connect with the CLAS conference theme: Connecting Communities Through the Classroom. Have you discovered ways to help students make connections through your literature selections, writing assignments, and/or units of study? You might think about how you build community in your own classroom.
- Do you have a concern about education in the present climate and in an age of testing? Commentary is more than welcome.
- Do you have personal writing you want to share? Have you written poetry, memoir, or other genres you’d like to send us?
We hope you will let your voice be heard no matter what you have to share with your fellow teachers!
All submissions will be read and selected by Statement‘s editorial board. Send manuscripts to Karen Hartman at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2018.