Our conference registration is through Eventbrite, which can handle payment via credit card (including on-site), check by mail or on-site, and cash on-site. The cost includes a catered brown-bag lunch and a 12-month membership in the Colorado Language Arts Society.
- Pre-Service & First-Year Teachers - $68
- All Other Attendees - $100
Retired teachers may save $30 on the "Teachers and All Other Attendees" rate by entering the coupon code RETIRED at the beginning of the ticket purchasing process. Click to see an image of the Enter Promotional Code option circled in a screen capture of the ticket purchase window.
In addition to the keynote sessions, attendees have several choices during each of three sixty-minute conference sessions on a variety of subjects related to teaching, reading, writing, and critical literacy that will excite your imagination and inspire your life as a reader and educator.
7:00 Registration opens; continental breakfast available in the Turnhalle
8:00 - 8:15 General membership meeting, announcements
8:15 - 9:00 Keynote
9:00 - 9:15 Book signing, shopping, prepare to attend sessions
9:15 - 10:15 Session A
10:30 - 11:30 Session B
11:30 - 12:00 Lunch
12:00 - 12:30 Award presentation (Legacy, Gilbert Fellow, HS Teacher of Excellence, Flash Fiction Contest)
12:30 - 1:15 Keynote
1:15 - 1:30 Book signing, shopping, prepare for afternoon session
1:30 - 2:30 Session C
2:45 - 3:30 Keynote
3:30 - 3:45 Closing, book signing, announcement of 2019 writing contest and Teen Lit
Spend the night
The SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown is offering a special rate for our conference attendees of $179/night, good for the nights of October 5th through October 7th. Rooms must be booked by September 5, 2018, to take advantage of the discounted rate.
Getting to Auraria
- Public transportation: the Auraria West Campus Station and the Colfax at Auraria Station are collectively served by six light rail lines and five bus routes. The RTD Trip Planner can help you plan your trip from within the greater Denver area.
- Driving: the Auraria Campus is located near downtown Denver. Please be aware that Auraria Campus Parking costs vary by location.
- Maps of Auraria Campus parking and the Tivoli Student Center are available on the Auraria Campus Maps page.
Snag a copy of session handouts
Was there a session you couldn't make it to or wanted an extra copy of a handout to take home and share? We will share session handouts as they are shared with the conference committee.
Buy CLAS items now or at the conference
We have a limited number of tote bags imprinted with the CLAS logo available for sale. The $15 cost includes shipping.