COLLEGE OF FINE ARTS ,KERALA-TRIVANDRUM
The College of Fine Arts Trivandrum in Kerala, India was founded in 1888 by Visakham Thirunal Rama Varma, the then Maharaja of erstwhile state of Travancore the college was first known as H. H. The Maharaja’s School of Arts, Travancore.
Later on in the 20th century, administration of the school was transferred to The University of Travancore. In 1957 after the formation of first democratically elected government in Kerala, the School of Arts was brought under the Directorate of Technical Education. In 1975 the school was upgraded as the College of Fine Arts and got affiliated to the University of Kerala. From 1979 onwards the college started Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) courses in three disciplines - Painting, Sculpture and Applied Art. In the year 2001 the college celebrated its Silver Jubilee Year with exhibitions, seminars and workshops.
Over the years a number of distinguished artists and art educators of the country have nurtured the college. Veteran artists and scholars like the late K. K. Hebbar, the late N. S. Bendre, Prof. Gulam Sheikh and Prof. Hanumante visited the institute and inspired and students..
The college offers professional Bachelor of fine Arts (BFA) courses broadly in three disciplines Painting, Sculpture and Applied Art. Duration of the course is 4 y ears, after the completion of 4 years students have to appear for the examination conducted by The University of Kerala.
The curriculate of the first year of the four-year BFA Degree Course is an integrated course for all students and acts as a foundation to the BFA specialization courses.The student who pass the first year University Examination are allotted one of the three specializations according to their talent and choice