The College Club of Canton
Organized December 6, 1919
The College Club of Canton is a nonprofit organization operated to promote advanced education. The objectives are to sponsor programs for the improvement of learning in the greater Canton area and to encourage members, students, and the community to continue advanced education by providing pertinent programs and financial assistance.
College Club is open to any woman who with a baccalaureate degree, an associate degree or an RN license.
Members can choose the amount of involvement they desire.
Jest for the Health of It
Presenter: Peggy Stabholz
Saturday, January 19, 2019
Research is now showing that “Laughter IS the best medicine.” At this meeting members will learn why laughter is beneficial to our physical, emotional and social well~being. Through interactive exercises, we will learn how to include more laughter in our daily lives.
Peggy Stabholz earned a Bachelor of Science degree in psychology and a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Heidelberg University in Tiffin, OH. She earned a Master of Philosophy in psychological research from the University of London, England, and a Masters in Counseling and Human Development from Walsh University in North Canton, OH. As part of her post~graduate studies, Peggy was involved in the first group of 32 people trained to become a Certified Laughter Leader by the World Laughter Tour. Peggy has been featured on Cleveland news stations 3, 5 and 8, as well as in a segment on laughter on CBS Sunday Morning and in a segment on South Korea TV.
Mark your calendar with a BIG smile face as a reminder to attend this meeting to learn how to add some healthful mirth to your days.
Check out our other upcoming events
- We have monthly meetings from September through May. For the programs that are being offered this year, click on "Programs."
- In addition, we have small group "Sections." Some that we currently have are Book Review, Book Discussion, Bridge, Lunch Bunch, Antiques, & History. Some other possibilities for new sections include the areas of: music, drama, volunteer, breakfast group, 1-day trips, games, crafts, gardening, food/wine, and health/fitness/walking.
- The College Club of Canton offers an interest free loan to Stark County female senior
- high school students who will be attending college and enrolling in a program that leads to a Baccalaureate Degree. Recipients will receive $1500.00 per year for a period of four years totaling $6000.00. Applications are available at area Stark County high school guidance offices, by clicking here Scholarship Loan, or contacting Chris Sbaraglia at (330) 478 - 5811. The deadline for receiving the applications is March 1st, 2019.
- The College Club of Canton also offers a tuition grant of up to $1500 for mature woman over 25 who need one year or less to complete a bachelor’s or master’s degree or licensed nurses who need an additional year or less for a degree.
- Applications are available by clicking here Tuition Grant - RWTG or by contacting Jodie Hawkins - 330-877-9414. The deadline for receiving the applications is March 1st, 2019.
If you are interested in joining the College Club of Canton, click on "Membership Application," fill it out and send it in. New members are always welcome!!!
Post Office Box 8433
Canton, Ohio 44711-8433