Facilitation – Mediation – Strategic Planning
Providing organizational and resolution tools
to business, government, nonprofits and the community.
• Workshop, Conference, Public Meeting Design & Facilitation
• Strategic Planning and Project Design
• Collaborative Processes
• Team Building
• Conflict Management and Training
Education, Certifications & Experience
• M.A., Conflict Management, California State University Dominguez Hills.
• B.A., Environmental Science, California State University San Marcos.
• Environmental and Public Policy Facilitation Certification, Western Justice Center and the Keystone Center.
• Advanced Mediation Certification, National Conflict Resolution Center.
• Group Facilitation Certification, Public Conversations Project.
• Mediation Certification, Bahá’í Justice Society.
• ArcView GIS Certification, Environmental Systems Research Institute.
• Adjunct Professor and Lecturer in Dispute Resolution at San Diego State University, California State University San Marcos, and Southwestern College
• Conflict Management training at Grossmont College, Grossmont School District, City of Carlsbad, San Diego Youth and Family Services, Rachel’s Women’s Center.
Recent and Ongoing Projects
• Hall Property proposed park, Encinitas, California.
Conducting a conflict assessment to identify stakeholders, map areas of agreement and disagreement, and determine whether a collaborative process would be possible to resolve this land use dispute.
• Centro Cultural de La Raza and Save Our Centro Coalition, San Diego, California.
Facilitating group resolution process for board of directors and ethnic community activists dealing with organizational development and goals.
• City of Carlsbad Citizens’ Committee, Carlsbad, California.
Facilitating citizens’ committee in dialogue to develop an advisory opinion for City Council on several simultaneous controversial land use ballot initiatives in a series of public meetings.
• Encuentro Fronterizo V, Rosarito, Baja California, Mexico.
Acting as facilitator in Spanish and English for the Border Security panel discussion and workgroup at the fifth annual international conference on environmental issues and human rights at the US-Mexico border.
• San Diego Foundation: Dialogue in San Diego’s Environmental Community, San Diego, California.
Producing conflict assessment and facilitating a series of convenings by a major granting agency of more than 30 environmental groups in San Diego County to increase capacity and efficacy, and improve dispute management within the environmental community.
• Digital Partners, San Diego, California.
Designing project evaluation model for Datamation, a nonprofit providing ICT vocational and literacy education for Muslim women in slums in India.
• Technology for Peace, Nicosia, Cyprus.
Facilitating the development of environmental group goals of innovative bicommunal conflict resolution nonprofit.
• San Pasqual Band of Indians, Valley Center, California
Assessing area need for veterinary care and helping the community design a free veterinary care process and events.