Dr. Richard Colfax, Ph.D., GPHR is the Professor of Human Resource Managment (HRM) at the School of Business and Public Administration (SBPA), University of Guam. He has been at the University of Guam (UOG) since 1994.
He earned his doctoral degree from the Fielding Graduate Univerity (located in Santa Barbara, CA). His degree is in Human and Organizational Systems with specialization in Understanding and Managing Stress in Organizational Settings. He has Masters Degrees in Human Development and Human Resource Leadership.
He holds a number of professional and specialized certifications including:
- Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR) certified by SHRM & HRCI
- FEMA/EMI Certifications in Crisis Management & related areas
- EQ/EQ-I certified Trainer
- Myers-Briggs Temperament Indicator (MBTI) Typewatching Trainer
- Risk and Crisis Management Trainer certified by PATA
- International Human Resource Management Trainer
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Counselor
Dr. Colfax has extensive international work and residence experience, including over 20 years in Japan and 16 years in Guam. A fluent speaker of Japanese, he has worked, consulted, trained and taught in various venues in the Asia-Pacific Region.
SHRM Student Chapter Info
- Chapter Meetings are
held at least once a month
(Monday 3:30 - 4:00)
For Details, contact: