Quotes

The way to code a C program

 

Few of my favorite quotes

  • Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstein
  • Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein 
  • Imagination is more important than knowledge - Albert Einstein
  • Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character - Albert Einstein
  • Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new - Albert Einstein
  • We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them - Albert Einstein
  • If A equals success, then the formula is A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut - Albert Einstein
  • If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes - St. Clement of Alexandra 
  • All things are difficult before they are easy - Dr. Thomas Fuller
  • A good home must be made, not bought - Joyce Maynard
  • The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke 
  • Its not improtant where you are, important is in which direction you are moving - Unknown
  • Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe 
  • Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal.
    Nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude  - Thomas Jefferson
  • Remember the two benefits of failure. First, if you do fail, you learn what doesn't work; and second, the failure gives you the opportunity to try a new approach - Roger Von Oech
  • The only difference between a Good Day And a Bad Day Is your ATTITUDE - Dennis S. Brown
 

Few of my favorite funny quotes

  • "If it wasn't for C, we'd be writing programs in BASI, PASAL, and OBOL."
  • The first 90% of the code accounts for the first 90% of the development time......The remaining 10% of the code accounts for the other 90% of the development time - Tom Cargill
  • Real Programmers always confuse Christmas and Halloween because Oct31 == Dec25 - Andrew Rutherford
  • If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0 - Unknown
  • They've finally come up with the perfect office computer. If it makes a mistake, it blames another computer - Milton Berle
  • Rules of Optimization:
    Rule 1: Don't do it.
    Rule 2 (for experts only): Don't do it yet. - M.A. Jackson
  • One man's constant is another man's variable
  • #define QUESTION ((bb) || !(bb)) - Shakespeare
  • It's 5:50 a.m., do you know where your stack pointer is ?
  • Technology is dominated by two types of people: Those who understand what they do not manage. Those who manage what they do not understand - Putt's Law 
  • One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C programs - Robert Firth

 

Read more at: Eskimo

 

 

Home