Turkey Cranberry Goat Cheese Egg Rolls
9-10 Egg Roll Wrappers
Extra virgin olive oil spray
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked turkey (aka. leftover fried turkey from Thanksgiving)
1/4 cup chopped green onion
3/4 cup chopped fresh cranberries
1/3 cup canned cranberry sauce
2 oz crumbled plain goat cheese
Salt, pepper and onion powder to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the filling together. These are all estimated amounts so add more or less to your taste.
2. Lay your egg roll wrappers in a diamond shape to you and put about two heaping tablespoons of filling in each wrapper.
3. Fold the sides over the mixture then fold the bottom corner up. Wet the top corner with a bit of water and roll the whole wrapper closed. It will look like the below photo.
4. Spray a baking sheet with EVOO spray and place all the egg rolls evenly. Spray the tops with more EVOO spray.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. See below.
**Another variation I made was with some turkey that had been injected with Louisiana Hot Sauce. I simply chopped some up, added goat cheese and topped the three egg roll wrappers I had left with this mixture. It was excellent too. You really can fill these things with anything!