Tofu Kra Prow with Buckwheat Noodles
Serves about 5
1 block extra firm tofu, drained, pressed and cut into cubes
1 bag Thai Style frozen veggies, I used Cascadian Farm, Thai-Style Stir fry Blend
3 white Japanese Eggplant, chopped
1 head garlic (12 cloves), minced
2 -4 cayenne pepper, diced (I had to sub 1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper)
1/2 to 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
1 1/2 cups Thai Basil leaves (again had to sub regular basil as that's what I had growing)
1 Pkg Buckwheat Soba, cooked to package directions and set aside
2 tsp rice wine vinegar
6 Tbsp oyster sauce
4 Tbsp fish sauce
1/2 Tbsp Turbinado sugar
2 tsp low sodium Tamari (or soy sauce)
1. Mix sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp water or broth in a skillet or wok over medium heat; add garlic and pepper, sauté, stirring constantly until browned, about 3 minutes.
3. Add tofu and eggplant and sauté until browned, adding more water or broth as needed to prevent sticking. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Heat another 1 Tbsp broth over high heat; add Thai vegetables, sauté 4 to 5 minutes. Add tofu and eggplant back to pan.
4. Stir in sauce and toss to coat; add broth, reduce heat and simmer. Add buckwheat soba. Remove from heat and stir in basil and rice wine vinegar.