Lemon Herbed Spaghetti Squash with Ricotta
Florida Coastal Cooking
Serves 4 as a light dinner
Adapted Eats Well with Others
1 small spaghetti squash, about 2 lb (yield of about 4-5 cups of spaghetti squash)
2 Tbsp canola oil or olive oil (or used an oil mister)
Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 cup good quality part skim ricotta
Zest and juice of half a lemon
1. Preheat oven to 350. Slice the squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Place cut sideup on a baking sheet. Roast for 45 minutes to an hour or until squash is fork tender. Set aside and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Use a fork to remove the strands.
2. Season squash with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Pour oil over evenly (or, if using mister, spray evenly, toss to coat and spray again.)
3. Zest about half the lemon over the squash, cut and squeeze half the juice.
4. Scoop into four plates and top each with 1/4 cup dollop of ricotta.
5. Sprinkle a bit more Italian seasoning for garnish.