Dept. of Nano, Medical and Polymer Materials, College of Engineering, Yeungnam University
280, Daehak-ro, Gyeongsan, Gyeongbuk, 712749, Korea
- Saranya, Chethala Mana, Paruthipra, Shoranur - 1(PO), Palakkad, Kerala.
- From 10/08/2005 onwards: Doing research in the area of cell biology and phytochemistry.
- From 28/10/2003 to 08/08/2005: Junior Research Fellow (Project: Bioprospecting and DNA fingerprinting of Actinomycetes and Fungi) Division of Microbiology, Tropical Botanic Garden & Research Institute, Palode, Thiruvananthapuram. 695 562.
- From 16/06/2003 to 22/10/2003: Research Assistant, Plant Molecular Biology and Biotechnology Centre, College Agriculture, Vellayani, Thiruvananthapuram.
- From 1/1/2003 to 31/3/2003 : Undergone winter training course at National Centre for Plant Genome Research, JNU Campus, New Delhi.
RESEARCH PAPERS PUBLISHED IN CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
- Pradeep Krishnan.G.R, Vishnu Prasad CN, Rajmohan.K, Soni.K.B (2005). RAPD Analysis of Centella asiatica from different locations of Kerala. Proceedings of the ICAR National Symposium on Biotechnological Intervention for Improvement of Horticulture Crops – Issues and strategies. 10-12 Jan.2005. 273-274. (Also published as a chapter in Recent Trends in Horticultural Biotechnology edited by R. Keshavachandran, P.A. Nazeem, D. Girija, P.S. John and K.V. Peter. New Delhi, New India Pub., 2007)
- N. S. Pradeep, Vishnu Prasad CN and S.Shiburaj (2005). Bioprospecting of the commercially exploited oyster mushrooms (Pleurotus spp) in Kerala. Proceedings - 17th Kerala Science Congress held at Kerala Forest Research Institution, Thrissur, Kerala, India.
- Vishnu Prasad CN, S.Arun, V.Renju Krishna, S.Shiburaj, R.Prakashkumar and N.S.Pradeep (2005), “Molecular and biochemical characterization of litter inhabiting Aspergillus spp”. Proceedings - International Conference on Microbial Diversity: Current perspectives and Potential Applications held at Delhi University South Campus from April 16-18, 2005.
- Vishnuprasad CN, Anjana T, Banerji A and Gopalakrishnapillai A (2008, December). Gallic acid: Active principle from seabuckthorn leaf extract exhibits GLUT4 translocation and glucose uptake activity in 3T3-L1 cells. Paper presented at the 77th annual meeting of Society of Biological Chemists India, Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Vishnuprasad CN, Suma Mohan S, Banerji A and Gopalakrishnapillai A (2008, December). Kaempferitrin inhibits GLUT4-mediated glucose uptake in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Paper presented at the 38th Annual Conference of the Endocrine Society of India, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Cochin, Kerala, India.
- Vishnuprasad CN, Banerji A, Nair BG and Gopalakrishnapillai A (2007, December). An Aliphatic Compound from Bauhinia acuminata Leaves Exhibits GLUT4 Translocation and Glucose Uptake Activity. Poster presented at the 47th Annual Meeting of The American Society for Cell Biology, Washington Convention Center Washington, DC.
- Vishnuprasad CN, Banerji A, Nair BG and Gopalakrishnapillai A (2006, December). Bauhinia forficata leaf extract exhibits GLUT4 translocation activity. Poster presented at the 75th Annual meeting of Society of Biological Chemists, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
- Vishnuprasad CN, Arun S, Shiburaj S and Pradeep NS (2005, April). Molecular and biochemical characterization of litter inhabiting Aspergillus spp. Poster presented at the International Conference on Microbial Diversity: Current perspectives and Potential Applications, University of Delhi, South Campus, New Delhi, India.
- Vishnuprasad CN, Shaju S, Shiburaj S and Pradeep NS (2004, May). Preliminary Physiological and Molecular Studies of a Diazotroph –Azotobacter chroococcum TBG-1 Paper presented at Tropical Botenic Garden and Research Institute, Trivandrum, Kerala India.
- Vishnuprasad CN, Arun S, Shiburaj S, Pradeep NS (2004, October). Phylogenetic Analysis of Litter Inhabiting Aspergillus spp. using ITS-RFLP. Paper presented at the Goa University, Goa, India.
- Renju Krishna, Vishnuprasad C., Shiburaj S and Pradeep N.S. 2004. ITS-RFLP analysis for distigushing commercial cultivars of oyster mushroom (Pleurotusspp.) in Kerala. Annual conference of Indian Phytopathological Society, Goa University, November 2004.
- Vishnuprasad CN (2004, December). Fumigation - a Novel Antimicrobial Process With Reference to Ayurveda. Paper presented at the international seminar organized by The World Association for Vedic Studies (INC) USA, Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
- Shaju S., Vishnuprasad C., Shiburaj S. andPradeep N.S. 2004 Preliminary physiological and molecular studiesa on a diazotrophAzotobacterchroococcum TBG-1.National Seminar on Microbial Diversity an innovative Source of Biotechnology‟. TBGRI, Palode, Kerala, May 2004.
C.V. Jacob Award for the best original paper presented at 4th Annual conference of Society for Biotechnologists (India).