2019-2020 - Welcome to Grade 5
Mr. Moffitt's Homepage
PLEASE CLICK SURVEY
SCHOOL SUPPLIES FOR 2019 - 2020 SCHOOL YEAR- Mr Moffitt's Class
You will need the following materials to prepare for your new adventure here at Terrill
- 1 marble writing composition book
- 1 Thin (about 50pgs) spiral notebook with lined paper (Reg size about 8.5x11) for Sci Notebook
- ONLY 1 New (2-3-inch) three-ring binder needed
- Loose leaf paper
- 5 sturdy pocket folders with holes;
- a good block eraser
- Several blue pens and several #2 pencils
- 1 zippered pencil pouch to be clipped into the binder
- 1 handheld pencil sharpener with a catch for shavings
- 3 or 4 pack of dry erase markers (any middle tip style is fine)
- 1 combination or key lock (4- dial style locks are easier for the students to open than the traditional 3 # combination locks)
For the first day of school
- Independent reading book
- A healthy snack
Newest Additions Added Here
Please be sure to supply your child with the proper supplies so your he/she is ready for success this year!
We will be organizing binders, doing a few ice breakers, and getting the students acclimated to the classroom and to Terrill. I think we're off to a great start!
There are some online game links below for class dollars. Feel free to play, print out your results and start your class
Donations are Welcomed and Very Much Appreciated:
- -Tissues are always in great need
- Lightly Used or new tennis balls (for chair legs)
- Purell antibacterial gel
$$GAMES to Earn CLASS DOLLARS$$
EARN YOUR FIRST WITH THESE MATH GAMES:
(30 runs in Baseball 30 points in Arrays game) = ONE CLASS DOLLAR EACH
Visit this site below - enter settings as "multiplication" "medium" or "hard" and "play ball"
NEW- Math Millionaire - WIn $1mil or more and print certificate
SOME RULER PRACTICE:
HOMEWORK HERE - MATH - EQUIVALENT FRACTIONS (PRINT YOUR BEST SCORE)
ONLINE protractor Practice Game:
*after clicking the link, select 180 degrees by ones*
SOME SUBJECT LINKS We May Use this Year:
Sodium and Water
Liquid Nitrogen and Water:
Gallium Crystal ( Metal – Crystal – Melting point is 86 degrees F)
EVERYDAY MATHEMATICS ONLINE RESOURCES:
* Students use their new usernames and passwords (stored in pencil/pen case) to access site
Unit 5 Ordering fractions
PEMDAS Click this link and complete the online form- MrM
Unit 1 - Rectangular Arrays
Unit 9 - Coodinates- Math Blaster game
ADDITIONAL TYPING PRACTICE (use if you can't access TTL for any reason)
1 TYPING INTRO (Please visit here before going to site 2 below) TYPING INTO - CLICK HERE FIRST
2 TYPING PROGRAM (TTL) Type To Learn Site
(To be updated for 2019)
Please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org to send me your conference time preferences.
There are 2 day conferences and 1 evening conference
The chart below indicates available times and days of conferences. Please send in your top 3 requests.
I will do my best to get everyone their first or second choice.
Evening requests, which are always in high demand, will be filled on a first come first served basis. Conference appointments will be confirmed on the chart below. Thank you - I look forward to meeting with you to discuss your child's progress.
*Hard copy requests and Email Requests will be taken on a first come- first-served basis. Either is fine, but the emails using start coming in first.
2018 INFORMATION :
*DAYTIME CONFERENCES WILL BE HELD IN - To Be Announced
*EVENING CONFERENCE LOCATION -The classroom - RM 37
PLEASE email me your top 3 November conference time preferences in order. Paper requests from will be honored as well.
Your confirmation will be the post on the website.
Thank you !
NOVEMBER CONFERENCE SCHEDULE – CHRIS MOFFITT
EXTRA CREDIT/PRACTICE LINKS:
- TRY MAKING YOUR OWN COLORED TESSELLATIONS!!! (CLICK BELOW)
(select a shape, size and color. Click on the pattern to insert your color and shape preferences. Take a screen shot and print ) Screen shot on a mac is : command / shift / 4