Born in Cuba, I have been a Jesuit
since 1980, and was ordained a Roman Catholic priest in 1992. Besides university teaching, I have also taught at the secondary level, been assistant director of novices, and ministered to various Hispanic communities throughout the United States and abroad. I have served as a spiritual and retreat director, formator of lay ecclesial ministers, and as a weekend assistant for various Spanish-speaking parish communities. And since 2010 I have been on the board of trustees of the Xavier Society for the Blind
- A.B. (Philosophy and Spanish, magna cum laude) Fordham University, 1985.
- M.Div. (with distinction) Jesuit School of Theology of Santa Clara University, 1991.
- S.T.L. (Systematic Theology) Jesuit School of Theology of Santa Clara University, 1993.
- Ph.D. (Historical and Systematic Theology) Boston College, 1996.
- Granted the mandatum by Edward Cardinal Egan, archbishop of New York, 2007.
Courses Taught at the GSRRE:
- RLGR 6030 Christology
- RLGR 6032 Church and Society
- PMGR 6617 Latin@ Spirituality
- PMGR 6612 Ministry with Latin@s
- PMGR 6620 Models of Pastoral Theology
- RLGR 6033 Sacraments: Theology and Rites
- PMGR 6613 US Latin@ Theology
Keating Hall, Suite 303
441 E Fordham Rd
Bronx, NY 10458 USA
The best way to reach me is by email:
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam