Here are some guidelines to help the meetings run smoothly.
1. Even though the phone bridge tells you to announce yourself when you join the line, PLEASE DO NOT ANNOUNCE YOURSELF.
2. If you hear music, you are the only participant in the conference, i.e., the only person on the line.
3. To mute press the * (star) 6 key on your phone pad and you will hear a prompt saying, “you are now muted.” When you want to speak, unmute as directed by the conference company. You will hear a prompt saying, ”you are now unmuted”.
4. Please mute your line whenever you are not speaking. This will prevent background noise from disrupting the meeting and ensure the best sound quality during the call.
5. When unmuting your phone, avoid interrupting by carefully listening for a second or two after pressing the keys to allow time to hear if anyone else has already begun speaking.
6. If there is an echo, static or other interference on the line please double check that you have your phone muted.
7. Refrain from using headsets, speakers, cordless phones, etc., as they can create static or echo on your conference calls.
8. Make conference calls from quiet locations with few or no distractions. Give the conference call your undivided attention. We all want to get the most out of our time together.
9. We ask everyone to be courteous at all times, to speak politely, and to show respect of all others on our phone bridge.
10. Please follow the leader’s lead. Ask to be recognized by the leader before sharing or speaking. We do not directly address others to avoid crosstalk and to allow for calm, peaceful order on the line at all times.
11. Signal the leader when you have completed your comment by saying a word or two like “Pass,” “I’m done,” “Thank you,” or “I’m going to mute my phone.”
Copyright © 2011 by Clutterers Anonymous World Service Organization.
All Rights Reserved.