The following is a list of meets we typically compete in during the season:
- Buckeye Blast at Ohio State University- January 30, 2016
- Miami Cup at Miami of Ohio- February 6, 2016
- Illini Invite at the University of Illinois- February 20, 2016
- Black and Gold Invite at Purdue University- February 27, 2016
- Flippin Falcon Cup at Bowling Green- March 26, 2016
- Hoosier Invite at Indiana University- April 2, 2016
- NAIGC National Championships in Sacramento, California- April 14-17, 2016
Any member of the club can participate in meets. Competing is not required, but we highly recommend it because it is so much fun! People at all skill levels compete in meets. The average girl and guy competitors are around level 7 or 8. We compete by level 9 USAG rules, but again, most gymnasts are not at that level. You do not have to compete all-around at meets, you can choose which event(s) you want to compete. Each team can have an unlimited number of gymnasts compete, so if you want to compete there is always a spot for you (however, we can only take as many as we can accommodate for, depending on our transportation situation).
You may go to as many meets as you would like, however, if you are planning on attending Nationals in April, you must attend and compete in at least 2 meets prior to the National Competition (NAIGC Rule).
Regular season meets are on Saturdays, and Nationals usually run Wednesday through Sunday. We typically drive to the meet late Friday night or early Saturday morning, compete, then spend the night in a local hotel and drive home Sunday morning.
All competitors are required to purchase competition uniforms. For women, the cost is approximately $150 and between $75 and $100 for men (depending on if shorts, pants or both are purchased). We use the same uniforms each year so you will not have to buy new uniforms every year. A limited number of used uniforms (from old members) may be available to purchase at a discount if other members have decided to stop competing.