Zucchini Ricotta Gnocchi
A fresh light and summery zucchini ricotta gnocchi with fresh basil and a hint of lemon.Servings: 4Prep Time: 30 minutesDrain Time: 20 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 60 minutes
- 4 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil, sliced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup pecorino or parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup flour
- Mix the zucchini and salt, let drain in a colander for 20 minutes, place in tea towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Mix the zucchini, basil, lemon, ricotta, egg, cheese and pepper and then mix in enough flour to form a dough that is not too sticky to work with.
- Divide the dough, roll into 1 inch thick strings, slice into 1 inch pieces and roll over gnocchi board or fork using enough flour that the dough does not stick to everything.
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling water until it floats, remove and enjoy in your favourite sauce.