Zucchini and Kimchi Quiche with a Brown Rice Crust from Closet Cooking
(makes 6+ servings)
2 cups cooked brown rice
1/4 cup gruyere (grated)
1/2 cup milk
1 cup gruyere (grated)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 cup kimchi (drained and chopped)
1 cup zucchini (grated, squeezed and drained)
2 green onions (chopped)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix the rice, cheese and egg in a bowl.
2. Press the rice mixture into a pie plate, about 1/4 inch thick.
3. Bake in a preheated 450F oven until the edges and bottom just start turning golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
4. Mix the eggs, milk, gruyere, garlic, kimchi, zucchini, green onions, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust.
6. Bake in a preheated 375F oven until golden brown and set in the center, about 30-35 minutes.