Wild Leek and Double Smoked Bacon Tart
from Closet Cooking
Double smoked bacon and wild leeks in a light and flaky all butter pastry crust that is perfect for celebrating Springs arrival!Servings: makes 4-6 servingsPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 35 minutesTotal Time: 40 minutes
- 6 strips double smoked bacon, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 bunch wild leeks aka ramps, sliced
- 1 pie crust, chilled
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup gruyere, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat and drain off all but half a tablespoon of the grease.
- Add the whites of the wild leeks, saute for a minute and remove from heat.
- Roll out the pie dough, fit it to a 9 inch tart pan and trim the excess dough.
- Mix the bacon, wild leeks, eggs, cream, cheese, salt and pepper and pour it into the pie crust.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until it sets and the top is lightly golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.