Vietnamese Style Caramel Chicken Wings
from Closet Cooking
Chicken wings in a salty, sweet, sour, spicy Vietnamese caramel sauce.Servings: makes 2-4 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesMarinate Time: 30 minutesCook Time: 45 minutesTotal Time: 1 hours 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (~1 lime)
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce (such as sriracha) or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pounds chicken wings, rinsed and pat dry
- Simmer the water and sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat until it turns a deep amber, about 10 minutes.
- Mix the fish sauce, lime juice, chili sauce, and garlic and carefully add it to the pan, then heat until the caramel dissolves.
- Marinate the chicken wings in the sauce for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Place the chicken wings on a rack, on a foil lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400F oven until golden brown and crispy, about 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile place the marinade in a sauce pan and simmer over medium heat to thicken, about 7-10 minutes.
- Toss the wings in the caramel sauce and enjoy.