Vanilla Bourbon Caramel Sauce
from Closet Cooking
A creamy vanilla caramel sauce with a hint of bourbon.Servings: makes 1 cupPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 25 minutesTotal Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1 vanilla bean, cut in half and seeds scraped
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- Mix the sugar and water in a small sauce pan and let simmer over medium heat until a medium amber colour, about 15-20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, carefully pour in the heavy cream and stir until smooth.
- Mix in the butter, vanilla bean seeds and bourbon and stir until the butter has melted and combined.