Twice Baked Bourbon Sweet Potato with Pecan Streusel (aka Individual Sweet Potato Casserole)
from Closet Cooking
Creamy mashed maple bourbon sweet potatoes served in their skins topped with pecan streusel.Servings: makes 4 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 1 hour 10 minutesTotal Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and dried
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pierce the sweet potatoes a few times with a fork, bake in a preheated 400F oven until tender, about 45-60 minutes and let cool.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop out the flesh leaving 1.4 inch on the skin.
- Mix the sweet potatoes with the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, bourbon and cinnamon and spoon it back into the kins.
- Mix the brown sugar, flour, butter, pecans and cinnamon until it starts to form crumbs and sprinkle it onto the stuffed potatoes.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the topping is a light golden brown, about 20 minutes.