The Kimchi Rachel Sandwich (aka Roast Turkey Reuben Sandwich with Kimchi)
from Closet Cooking
A twist on the Rachel sandwich with roast turkey, spicy butter fried kimchi, tangy russian dressing and swiss cheese in rye that is grilled until golden brown and the cheese has melted.Servings: makes 1 sandwichPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 15 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutes
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons kimchi, squeezed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sauerkraut, squeezed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 2 slices rye, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese, shredded and at room temperature
- 1-2 slices roast turkey, warm
- 1 tablespoon russian dressing or thousand islands dressing
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat until it bubbles, add the kimchi and sauerkraut and saute until most of the moisture has evaporated, about 2-3 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Butter the outside of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheese on the inside of one slice of bread, top with the turkey, kimchi sauerkraut, dressing, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread.
- Add the sandwich and grill until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.