Taco Stuffed Shells
from Closet Cooking
Jumbo pasta shells stuffed with a taco inspired mixture of beef, corn, black beans and goat cheese that is covered in cheese and baked in salsa.Servings: makes 4 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 50 minutesTotal Time: 60 minutes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup black beans
- 4 ounces goat cheese or cream cheese
- hot sauce to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 pound large pasta shells, cooked
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it up, about 10 minutes.
- Add the taco seasoning, tomato puree, corn, black beans and goat cheese and cook until the goat cheese has melted in, about 2-3 minutes.
- Season with hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the salsa into a large baking dish, stuff the shells with the beef mixture and place them in the salsa.
- Mix the butter into the bread crumbs and sprinkle onto the stuffed shells followed by the cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the cheese has melted and the bread crumbs turn golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.