Taco Salad from Closet Cooking
A salad inspired by the flavours of tacos including seasoned ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, cheese and crunchy tortilla chips.Servings: makes 4 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 20 minutesTotal Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups lettuce, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup cheese, shredded
- 1 handful tortilla chips, crumbled
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook draining any grease when done.
- Mix in the taco seasoning and water and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 3-5 minutes.
- Assemble salad and enjoy!