Taco Grilled Cheese Sandwich
by Closet Cooking
A grilled cheese sandwich stuffed with all of your favourite taco fixins' including seasoned ground beef, salsa, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, guacamole and of course plenty of ooey gooey melted cheese.Servings: makes 1 sandwichPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 15 minutes
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices cheddar (or 1/2 cup shredded)
- 1/2 cup taco seasoned ground beef
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons lettuce, shredded
- 2 tablespoons tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon guacamole (optional)
- Heat a clean pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, place one slice in the pan with buttered side down, top with half of the cheese, the seasoned ground beef, salsa, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, guacamole, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread with buttered side up.
- Grill until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Serve with extra salsa, guacamole and/or sour cream for dipping or topping.