from Closet Cooking
A hot melted cheese dip inspired by the flavours of tacos! Serve topped with lettuce, tomatoes and avocados along with some tortillas for dipping.Servings: makes 4+ servingsPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 35 minutesTotal Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded (optional)
- 1 tomato, diced (optional)
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives (optional)
- 1 handful cilantro (optional)
- Brown the ground beef in a pan, drain the grease add the taco seasoning and water, mix and simmer until the water evaporates.
- Mix the beef, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, salsa and cheeses in a large bowl, reserving some of the cheese.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and top with the reserved cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until it is bubbling on the sides and golden brown on top, about 20-30 minutes.
- Optionally serve topped with fresh shredded lettuce, tomato, avocado, olives and cilantro.