Sweet Potato Casserole
from Closet Cooking
Mashed sweet potatoes covered covered in a pecan crumble is another classic Thanksgiving side dish that you cannot go wrong with!Servings: makes 4-8 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 50 minutesTotal Time: 1 hour
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup milk (or cream)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Boil the sweet potatoes in water until tender, about 20-30 minutes, drain and mash.
- Mix in the sugar, maple syrup, milk, eggs, butter, cinnamon, vanilla and salt and pour the mixture into a baking dish.
- Mix the brown sugar, flour butter and pecans until it forms crumbs and sprinkle it on top of the sweet potatoes.
- Bake in a preheated 375F until golden brown on top, about 30 minutes.