Sweet Chili Chicken Rice Bowl
from Closet Cooking
Tasty marinated chicken thighs served over hot rice along with spinach and a fried egg, covered in in a sweet and spicy orange salsa and plenty of fresh herbs.
Servings: makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutes
- 4 cups steamed rice (I used brown short grained rice)
- 2 cups grilled orange bulgogi chicken, shredded (see below)
- 4 jalapenos, grilled and sliced
- 2 cups steamed spinach
- 4 fried eggs
- salsa naranja to taste
- 4 teaspoons fried shallots
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 handful Thai basil, torn
- 1 handful cilantro, torn
- Assemble rice bowls and enjoy.
Orange Chicken Bulgogi
Grilled chicken thighs done bulgogi style with orange juice for a hit of citrusy brightness.Servings: makes 4 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 Asian pear, grated
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Marinate the chicken in the orange juice, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and the pear of a least 30 minutes to over night.
- Brush a grill pan with the oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken in the pan and grill until cooked, about 3-4 minutes per side and set aside. (You don't want to crowd the pan so you may have to do this in batches.