Sweet Chili Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich
from Closet Cooking
A tasty grilled cheese sandwich stuffed with tender bulgogi chicken, orange salsa and plenty of melted cheesy goodness.Servings: makes 1 servingPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 15 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 2 slices bread
- 1/2 cup jack, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 cup orange chicken bulgogi or plain chicken, sliced and warm
- 2 tablespoons salsa naranja
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 loosly packed tablespoon basil, torn
- 1 loosly packed tablespoon cilantro, torn
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and saute until they start to caramelize, about 7-10 minutes, set aside and reduce the heat to medium.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, place one slice in the pan buttered side down, sprinkle on half of the cheese, then top with the onions, the chicken, salsa, sesame seeds, basil and cilantro and the remaining cheese followed by the remaining slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.