Sun Dried Tomato Hummus
from Closet Cooking
A creamy sun dried tomato chickpea dip or spread that is so addictively good and so easy to make!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes (drained or re-hydrated)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (~1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
- Puree the chickpeas, sundried tomatoes, tahini, garilc, lemon juice and oil in a food processor adding more oil or water if necessary to bring it to the consistency that you like and salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.
Tip: Use some of the oil that the tomatoes are packed in instead of the olive oil.
Option: Add a few basil leaves for a nice freshness.