Summer Vegetable Quinoa Burrito Bowls with Corn, Zucchini and Black Beans
Summer fresh vegetable quinoa burrito bowls that are just packed with fresh vegetables and flavour.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 3/4 cups water or broth
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup corn (optionally grilled)
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 cup pico de gallo and or salsa
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup queso fresco (or feta), crumbled (optional)
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer covered until the quinoa is tender and all of the water has been absorbed.
- Assemble burrito bowls and enjoy.
Tip: Use 3 cups of already cooked quinoa to bring the time down to 10 minutes!
Option: Replace the quinoa with rice, brown rice, wild rice, farro, spelt, etc.
Option: Use salsa verde for the salsa.