Strawberry Tart from Closet Cooking
(makes 4+ servings)
1 package puff pastry (thawed as directed on the package)
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1 tablespoon water
2 cups strawberries (cleaned, trimmed and sliced)
1/4 teaspoon cardamom (ground, or cinnamon if you prefer)
3 tablespoons strawberry rhubarb jam (or other jam)
1 handful pistachios (chopped)
1. Roll the puff pastry out into a large rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
2. Score a line around the puff pastry 1/2 inch from the edge.
3. Mix the egg and water and brush over the outside of the score.
4. Mix the strawberries, cardamom and jam in a large bowl.
5. Place the strawberries on the pastry on the inside of the score.
6. Bake in a preheated 400F oven until the pastry is golden brown, about 15-25 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with the chopped pistachios.