Strawberry Quinoa and Spinach Caprese Salad
from Closet Cooking
A light and fresh summer strawberry quinoa and spinach salad with mozzarella and basil.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Cool Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa, well rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (5 ounce) package baby spinach
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 handful basil leaves, julienned
- Bring the water and quinoa to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the quinoa is tender and has absorbed the water, about 15 minutes, remove from heat, let sit covered for 5 minutes and let cook to room temperature.
- Assemble the salad and enjoy!