Strawberry BBQ Chicken Spinach and Quinoa Salad with Bacon, Avocado and Goat Cheese
from Closet Cooking
A spinach and quinoa salad with sweet, spicy and smoky roasted strawberry BBQ chicken, fresh strawberries, cool and creamy avocado, tangy goat cheese and bacon.Servings: 4-6Prep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 15 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa, well rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup avocado
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup roasted strawberry BBQ sauce
- 2 green onions
- cilantro to taste
- Bring the water and quinoa to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the quinoa is tender and has absorbed the water, about 15 minutes, remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes, covered.
- Meanwhile, slice the strawberries, dice the avocado and slice the green onions.
- Mix everything and enjoy.