Strawberry Balsamic Jam from Closet Cooking
(makes 6-8 cups)
4 + 1/2 cups strawberries (cleaned, hulled, sliced and mashed)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 box Certo pectin crystals
7 cups sugar
1. Bring the strawberries, balsamic vinegar and pectin crystals to a boil with high heat in a large pot.
2. Add the sugar.
3. Bring to a hard boil for 1 minute.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Stir and skim foam for 5 minutes.
6. Pour into sterilized jars.
To sterilize the jars:
1. Wash in hot soapy water.
2. Keep the lids in boiling water until ready to use.
3. Place jars in 225F oven for 10 minutes and keep warm until ready to use.