Steak Tenderloin in Pink Peppercorn Sauce by Closet Cooking
(makes 2 servings)
1 tablespoon mixed peppercorns (roughly crushed)
salt to taste
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 shallot (chopped)
1 tablespoon pink peppercorns in brine
1/4 cup red wine
1/4 cup beef broth
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
1. Press the steaks into the peppercorns to coat and season with salt.
2. Heat the oil in a pan.
3. Sear the steaks on high heat on both sides for about 2-4 minutes per side for medium-rare and set aside.
4. Melt the butter in the pan.
5. Add the shallots and peppercorns and saute until the shallots are tender, about 4 minutes.
6. Add the red wine and deglaze the pan.
7. Add the beef stock and mustard and simmer to reduce by half.