Spinach, White Bean and Turkey Sausage Soup
from Closet Cooking
A quick and easy soup with Italian turkey sausage, white beans and spinach that is full of flavour and nice and healthy.Servings: makes 4 servingsPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 25 minutesTotal Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 cups chicken broth or chicken stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (2 inch) piece parmesan rind (optional)
- 1 bunch spinach or kale or swiss chard, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon juice to taste
- Cook the sausage in a large sauce pan over medium heat and set aside, about 6 minutes.
- Add the oil, garlic and red chili pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth, sausage, beans, oregano, bay leaf and parmesan rind, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the spinach and simmer until it wilts, about 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice, remove from heat, remove bay leaf and parmesan rind and serve while hot.