Spinach and Artichoke Hummus
from Closet Cooking
A creamy and healthy hummus dip with all of the flavours of a spinach and artichoke dip without any of the regret.Servings: makes 4 servingsPrep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 0 minutesTotal Time: 15 minutes
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 lemon, juice (~2 tablespoons)
- olive oil to taste
- cayenne, salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup asiago or parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated (optional)
- Puree the chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice and enough oil to get the consistency that you desire.
- Season with cayenne, salt and pepper and mix in the spinach, artichoke hearts and cheese.