Spicy Peanut Sauce Pad Thai
from Closet Cooking
'Pad Thai' fried noodles and shrimp is a spicy peanut sauce.Servings: makes 2 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutes
- 6 ounces rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 6 ounces shrimp, chicken or tofu
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup spicy peanut sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime lime cut into wedges
- Cook the noodles in water as directed on package until just pliable.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp, shallots and garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the peanut sauce and noodles, mix and move to the side of the pan.
- Add the egg, let it set a bit and then mix it into the noodles.
- Add the peanuts and bean sprouts and cook for a minute.
- Add the green onions and cilantro and remove from heat.