Spicy Peanut Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich (aka The Chicken Satay Melt)
from Closet Cooking
A chicken grilled cheese sandwich with a Thai style spicy peanut sauce, slices of creamy avocado and plenty of melted cheese.Servings: makes 1 sandwichPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 2 slices bread
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded and room temperature
- 1/4 cup chicken satay or plain chicken, shredded and warm
- 2 tablespoons spicy peanut sauce
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, torn
- sriracha hot sauce to taste
- Warm a pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, place one slice in the pan buttered side down, sprinkle on half of the cheese, then top with the chicken, spicy peanut sauce, avocado, cilantro, sriracha and the remaining cheese followed by the remaining slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.