Spaghetti Squash and Chard Gratin from Closet Cooking
(makes 8+ servings)
1 spaghetti squash (cut in half lengthwise and scooped clean)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion (diced)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 bunch chard (rinsed and cut into 1 inch thick slices)
4 green onions (chopped)
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (grated)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (grated)
1. Roast the spaghetti squash halves in a preheated 400F oven until tender, about 1 hour.
2. Scoop the strands out of the skin.
3. While the squash is cooking heat the oil in a pan.
4. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
5. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
6. Add the chard and saute until it has wilted, just a few minutes.
7. Mix the squash, chard, green onions, egg, sour cream, cottage cheese, parmigiano reggiano, salt and pepper and pour it into a baking dish.
8. Top with the parmigiano reggiano.
9. Bake in a preheated 400F oven until it is bubbling on the sides and golden brown on top, about 30-40 minutes.