from Closet Cooking
Sugar cookies rolled in cinnamon and sugar that are oh so simple and yet oh so good!Servings: makes 24 cookiesPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Cream the butter and sugar and then beat in the egg followed by the vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Form the dough into balls 1 inch across, roll them into a mixture of the sugar and cinnamon and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 375F oven for 8-10 minutes.