Smoked Salmon Asparagus Quinoa Cake Eggs Benedict
from Closet Cooking
Asparagus quinoa cakes topped with poached eggs, asparagus, smoked salmon and a buttery, lemony hollandaise sauce.Servings: makes 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cups butter, melted and hot
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, hot
- 4 tablespoons water, hot
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
- 4 asparagus quinoa cakes, see below
- 12 spears asparagus, blanched
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- Place a large pot of water on one burner over medium heat for the poached eggs.
- On a separate burner, bring some water in a double boiler to a boil, reduce the heat and let water stop boiling.
- Place the egg yolks in the top of the double boiler and whisk until they begin to thicken.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the hot water, whisk until the sauce begins to thicken again. Repeat 3 more times.
- Whisk in the lemon juice.
- Remove from heat and slowly whisk in the melted butter.
- Season with the dill, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Crack an egg into a bowl, swirl the water in the first pot and pour the egg from the bowl into the water and repeat for another egg.
- Let the eggs cook until the whites are set but the yolks are not, about 2-3 minutes and fish them out.
- Repeat for the remaining 2 eggs.
- Place the asparagus quinoa cakes on plate, top with asparagus, smoked salmon, poached egg, hollandaise and garnish with dill.